About us —
Near Zero Emissions:
- The majority of RKA’s fleet is Mack units purchased after 2016, which are Near Zero Emissions Vehicles (near-ZEV's) and are certified by the EPA.
- All the equipment we use maxes the efficiency in which we carry our fuel, therefore minimizing out carbon footprint.
- All of our new trucks and the majority of our fleet have Greenhouse Gas Certifications.
- The exhaust gas exiting the pipe is made of Nitrogen Gas & Water Vapor.
- In fact, in some parts of the country, the air leaving the exhaust is cleaner than the air entering the engine.
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Provider
- DEF Turns nitrogen into water vapor, thereby lowering our carbon footprint.
- In 2010, the EPA required diesel engines to reduce their production of (NOx) nitrogen oxides. That reduction is accomplished with the additive Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF). This fluid reduces NOx and air pollution. It turns NOx gases (harmful emissions) into nitrogen and water. This system is called a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) implemented by vehicle manufacturers to meet EPA emissions standards in 2010.
- Ask us about DEF: RKA fills DEF totes, tanks, fleets, units, and does bulk stops too.
Ongoing Environmentally Conscious Programs
- Both our HQ and Garage 100% LED powered
- RKA recycles 100% of all post-consumer waste.
- Company issued reusable ceramic mugs and water bottles only.
- All our engines are SCR Certified: Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) is an advanced active emissions control technology system that reduces tailpipe emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) down to near-zero levels in newer generation diesel-powered vehicles and equipment.
- Green initiatives are an ongoing effort that we take very seriously at RKA. Follow us on social media to stay up to date on this and more: