Employment Opportunities —
Experienced drivers with Fuel or Chemical Hauling experience qualify for an additional bonus. Looking for both Local and OTR Drivers.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
As part of your total compensation, RKA provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long-term needs that you and your family may have.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional Benefits – Extensive Training and Mentoring Programs, Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for Advancement with one of the largest family-owned businesses in the state of Michigan
JOB TYPE AND PAY
Full-time, $65,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
Yes, RKA is taking all COVID-19 precautions to keep our family and staff safe.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Must have CDL – Class A or B
- Must have HazMat and Tanker Endorsement
- Must be 21 years old
- 1+ year(s) successful driving experience preferred
- TWIC card preferred
- Ability to lift heavy objects, hoses and items weighing 50 lbs.
PERFORMANCE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Strong work ethic and integrity
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Local drivers will be home daily.
- Works with Transportation Specialist to ensure schedules allow for on time deliveries and superior customer service performance by delivering the correct products and quantities.· Is responsible for following the safety programs including HAZMAT certifications. Must attend regular safety meetings.
- Maintain a team attitude with the drivers. Must address driver’s problems when they arise in a timely and professional manner with supervisor.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing to customers, drivers, and other employees.
- Maintains all required driver’s logs, invoices, and additional paperwork as needed to ensure effective operations of company process and procedures.
- Must make the use the proper lifting codes and state destinations when needed. Also, must pull from least cost terminals to ensure maximum profit the Company.
- Understand applicable state and federal laws.
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Performs truck safety inspections, verification of product lading, and preparation of operational and DOT forms and records.
Join the RKA Team!
Share this job